RFID cards (Radio Frequency Identification Cards), are plastic cards embedded with an IC chip within the inner layer whereby the transfer of data between the chip and the reader are carried out wirelessly by means of electromagnetic fieldis, these cards are also known as contactless smart card or proximity card.
Today, the RFID technology are widely found in the application of security access card, loyalty card, transportation, hotel key cards, prepaid stored value card and etc. At Idealcard, we supply blank or Pre-printed RFID card ,which includes Mifare Classic 1K/4K, Mifare Desfire, Mifare Ultralight, EM4200, TK4100 available in ISO card size or clamshell type.
Low Frequency (LF):
- Frequencies from 30 KHz to 300 KHz
- Short read range, approximately 10 cm
- Slower read speed
- Low sensitivity to radio wave interference
- Applications include access control and livestock tracking
EM4200 proximity card, operating at 125KHz frequency range, is one of the most widely used proximity card under this category.
High frequency (HF)
- Operating frequencies ranging from 3 to 30 MHz
- Read range between 10 cm to 1 meter
- Moderate sensitivity to radio wave interferences
- Applications include ticketing, payment, and data transfer applications.
MIFARE Cards are the most popular under this category, variants of products under MIFARE include MIFARE Classic, MIFARE DesFire, MIFARE Ultralight and MIFARE Plus
Ultra High Frequency (UHF)
- Frequencies from 300 MHz to 3 GHz
- Read range up to 12 meters (40 feet)
- Comply with the global, universally adopted UHF Gen2 standard (EPCglobal Gen2 ISO 18000-63)
- Use the 860 to 960 MHz band
- Application of UHF technology spans many markets; including retail, healthcare, life science, pharmaceutical, anti-counterfeiting, transportation, and manufacturing
Not sure about which type to go for? No worries, contact us and we will be glad to assist.